Kent County Spring Fling
May 23 - 26, 2014
32nd Annual Kent County Spring Fling
May 23-26, 2014 (Memorial Day Weekend)
Join the Baltimore Bicycling Club and enjoy four days cycling the lightly traveled roads of Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay Eastern Shore. Rides of 11 to 100 miles meander along flat to rolling roads — through rural towns and along scenic rivers.
Only 70 miles from Baltimore/DC, 85 miles from Philadelphia, and 170 miles from New York City — we stay on the campus of Washington College, located in the historic port town of Chestertown, MD. (Info on Washington College and Chestertown at www.washcoll.edu).
Award winning cuisine, dessert and cordial parties, dancing, and great music will round out your perfect bicycling experience.
Check-in: Friday Noon until 10 PM and Saturday 8 AM until 10 AM Check-out: Monday by 4 PM
· Lodging: Friday, Saturday & Sunday
· Breakfast: Saturday, Sunday & Monday
· Dinner: Saturday & Sunday
· Picnic on Sunday
· Brunch on Monday
· Entertainment and Socials: Fri., Sat. & Sun.
· Map Packets (ride with a group or on your own)
· Friday Dinner 6:00-8:00 pm
· Lodging upgrades provide suites and low beds (see Lodging Options)
Chester dorm suites now available
· 32nd Anniversary KCSF T-shirts are adult sizes, so order accordingly. We only order a few extras, and they sell out early. If you want a T-shirt, please order now.
ONLINE REGISTRATION (no additional fee)
Award winning Washington College Dining Services will continue to provide top quality meals for our enjoyment at the College and at the Sunday picnic. Meals will include at least one Vegan entree and at least one sugar-free dessert.
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL KCSF RIDES
Four Days of Fun-Filled Activities
Friday: Registration begins at noon. Scheduled rides with leaders will start at 1:30 pm (or do your own ride). Optional buffet dinner (6 - 8 pm) followed by the Ice Cream Social.
Saturday: Breakfast; yoga; scheduled rides with leaders; Instructional Ride program; swimming on campus; Chestertown’s historic Tea Party Festival—food, crafts, entertainment, and parade; dinner; dessert and cordial party; Blue Grass music & Square Dancing with live band.
Sunday: Breakfast; yoga; scheduled rides with leaders; picnic lunch catered by Washington College (including kosher meats, cold salads, vegan foods); dinner; evening music and more dancing.
Monday: Expanded continental breakfast plus brunch until 1:00 pm or carry-out for those who need to leave early; scheduled rides with leaders. Attendees have until 4pm to check out.
LODGING OPTIONS (you must bring your pillow,all linens, towels, & tolietries)
Dorm and floor special requests met on a ‘first come-first served’ basis
Washington College assures us that all beds are lowered
This year Washington College offers the following lodging choices:
· Standard lodging dorms; have rooms with two single beds. Men’s and women’s restrooms are accessed from the hall.
· Western Shore suites (several buildings are off-line this year for renovation) have four single bedrooms, two baths, and a living room-kitchenette. Chester suites have 2 single bedrooms, 1 double bedroom, 1 bath, and a building common lounge area (with TV) and attached kitchen. Chester has an elevator.
· Harford Hall suites consist of five bedrooms, two bathrooms and a lounge area with sofa, refrigerator, microwave, and sink. Two bedrooms have two single beds and the remaining three each have one single bed. Harford Hall has an elevator (large enough for a tandem bike).
Western Shore, Chester, and Harford Hall suites are perfect for families and groups! If you want to room with another person, or group of people, let us know—early. The best way to register groups is online (see FAQs at the BBC website) – or mail all your registrations together to assure we assign the correct people to each room or suite.
All suites are an optional upgrade – Assignment preference is given to full suites
Questions? Email: email@example.com (or phone 410-828-8604)
register online (no added fee)
mail in registration
Link To Photos of Past Events