Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » gary_kelly
  • » Profile



Aug-10-21 05:13 pm
Wanted 47 - 50 cm affordable road bike for use on a trainer.
Category: Technical

A friend is looking for an older, affordable 47 - 50 cm road bike to ride on her trainer.  A key requirement is the shifting works well.  Her work schedule (nurse) is keeping her from riding outside Monday through Friday.    Call or text 410.375.9507

I've cancelled my Piney Hill Sparks Loop ride for March 17th because the temps at 10 AM will be in the low 40s and there's a good chance the roads will be wet.  It's not the spring-like day I hoped for when I looked at the forecast a few days ago.  Plus, the threat of Coronavirus is real so it's a good day to stay home.

I cancelled Sunday's (11/24) Meadowood Emory Church Loop because the forecast calls for a 50% chance of rain with 19 mph wind at 11 AM, and a 40% chance of rain with 18 mph wind at noon in Hunt Valley. Less than ideal for riding in my book.

I'm cancelling my Friday ride because Tom Tasselmyer on TV11 is predicting 2 inches of snow for the Friday rush hour.  Snow is a no go!  As a aside, Tom is also predicting colder than normal weather for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week.  We can't catch a break weather-wise!

I'm cancelling today's (2/3/2019) Tour de Snickerdoodles ride because I'm concerned that the smaller, less traveled roads on our route are still snow or ice-covered.

When I posted my ride for 1/9, the high temp was supposed to be in the low 50s.  The revised forecast is calling for a high of around 40 with winds between 10 and 20 with gusts of 30 mph.  The wind chill has killed my ride!

Cancelled today's (Oct 13th) Manchester Loop due to rain!!!

Oct-09-18 03:05 pm
Vicious Growling dog
Category: Social

Is there a law in Carroll County that dogs aren't allowed to run free?  If so, call the police and complain.  If there's no such law, you're going to have to ride with your pistol and holster, Annie Oakley!

Today's Snickerdoodles ride is cancelled due to wet roads.

Because of the ROAR event at Oregon Ridge Lodge on Saturday morning, we will be starting our ride from the Oregon Ridge Nature Center.  The access road to the nature center is behind the Oregon Grille at Beaver Dam and Shawan Rds.  If access is blocked to the nature center, we will start from the Western Run Park and Ride at Western Run and Shawan Rds.  I changed our ride to the Prettyboy Plunge because Prettyboy Dam Rd is closed north of the dam.

  • Index
  • » Users
  • » gary_kelly
  • » Profile

Board Info

Board Stats
Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info
Total Users:
Newest User:
Miguel Ángel Salais Romero
Members Online:
Guests Online: